Lost or expired travel documents? U.S. Citizens and U.S. Nationals may obtain an authorization known as an "OK Board" to enter American Samoa in lieu of a passport. There is no cost associated with this OK Board and is valid for a single entry only. 

Application Process

Submit Copies of the following documents to Talofapass

  1. Copy of Birth Certificate;

  2. Copy of a government issued identification card (drivers license...);

  3. Copy of itinerary or ticket


  1. NO FEE if traveler submits a copy of all the required documents. For U.S. Nationals, if we have to obtain a verification on your behalf from the local Office of Vital Statistics, there will be a $50 dollar processing fee to do so.

  2. NO FEE for U.S. Citizens who can present their birth certificate and all other required documents.

NOTE: Only U.S. Citizens and U.S. Nationals qualify for this type OK Board. 

OK BOARD - U.S. Citizen or U.S. National